Exercise Talisman Sabre 2019 (TS19) is a bilateral combined Australian and United States (US) training activity. TS19 is designed to practise respective military services and associated agencies in planning and conducting Combined and Joint Task Force operations, and improve combat readiness and interoperability between Australian and US forces.
One aspect of this is high-data rate, beyond line of site communications, a capability that is significantly provided by the US Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) system. WGS is the backbone of the US and Australian military’s global satellite communications providing flexible and high-capacity communications. Australia is an International Partner of WGS through an MoU which saw Australia fund the 6th satellite in the constellation.
Australia accesses the constellation through a network of groundstations deployed around Australia and the world. These groundstations are operated remotely from a central location using a system designed, developed and deployed by Clearbox Systems known as the Ground Segment Management System (GSMS). The GSMS is an innovative, software-based solution that provides remote monitoring and control, spectrum monitoring and management, and service management covering the lifecycle of WGS services including scheduling, activation, health monitoring, deactivation and logging.
Deployments of the GSMS recently completed significant upgrades to address emerging operational requirements, incorporate new technologies and resolve obsolescence issues. The upgraded GSMS entered service in time to be operated for TS19 enabling the WGS capability for the 34,000 military personnel, 30 ships and 200 aircraft from US and Australian forces as well as the UK, Canada, Japan and New Zealand.
The Navy League’s Sea Air Space exposition is the largest maritime exposition in the US, showcasing the latest in technology and equipment across 327 exhibits and attracting industry-leading speakers sharing their insights on the happenings of the sea, air, and space.
Clearbox Systems will unite with some of Australia’s leading defence companies as a part of the Team Defence Australia delegation. Team Defence Australia will be seeking for all participating companies to gain access to new markets with their export-ready products.
Clearbox Systems will be presenting its Foresight software – ready to deploy at sea or on shore – to manage communications networks and the electromagnetic spectrum.
Team Defence Australia’s exhibit details:
Venue: Gaylord National Convention Center, National Harbor, MD
Date: 6 – 8 May 2019
To find out more details about Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo 2019, head to www.seaairspace.org.
Clearbox Systems has been selected to design and develop software to perform as the Baseband Network Control Element. The software controls complex baseband switching and routing devices deployed across the United States to provide centralised operation and control.
The first phase of the project has been successfully completed with the delivered software passing testing and deployed into operation. A second phase is in progress for delivery in the coming months.
- Recruitment opens for Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Lead June 30, 2020
- Applications open for students to participate in Defence Industry Internship Program June 15, 2020
- Clearbox Systems selected by Defence for global SATCOM Control Segment solution June 11, 2020
- ANU Techlauncher for Semester 1, 2020 May 19, 2020
- Mike Johnson re-elected to the Board of the Australian Industry & Defence Network ACT May 1, 2020
- Ramping up local electronics manufacturing capability April 28, 2020
- Call for collaborators and staff for growing Space Situational Awareness capability April 24, 2020
- Clearbox Systems Update and Message from Managing Director April 3, 2020
- 2020 Australian Military Sales Catalogue March 20, 2020
- New Wideband SDR prototype readies for commercial production March 2, 2020
- Nominations received for multiple awards at the Australian Space Awards February 4, 2020
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Award for Young Achiever of the Year December 12, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Scindicate 2019 August 20, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017