Clearbox Systems enjoyed a hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 including a combination of key announcements, speaking engagements, forging of partnerships, and VIP interactions and demonstration.
The week began with Executive Director, Jeremy Hallett, appearing as a panellist at the Australian Space Industry Conference that was held alongside the Avalon Airshow.
The panel explored the question “Where will the growth come from – Australian Small-to-Medium Enterprises”. One key conclusion of the panel that the Australian market is not big enough and that growth will come from export and leveraging the international engagements of the Australian Space Agency. Another theme was that for SMEs growth cannot come by going it alone and that collaboration and partnerships will lead to more opportunities.
The bulk of Clearbox Systems’ participation was alongside the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) showcasing developments from the Jericho Dawn 17/4 networked sensor integration trials. Technology Development Manager, Tim Spitzer, was kept busy explaining our contribution to expanding the technical interoperability across suites of sensors for distributed intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and electronic warfare (ISREW).
As previously reported, Clearbox Systems has been selected for the Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé program where we will receive support and guidance to enhance access opportunities into the global supply chain and sustainable business growth.
The Mentor-Protégé relationship is based on a highly successful US program where Lockheed Martin will act as a Mentor to Clearbox Systems to provide dedicated assistance and market advice to open opportunities for technology transfer, innovation and local skilled jobs.
We were fortunate to have the opportunity to have a number of VIP engagements which provided an opportunity to explain the broader Clearbox Systems focus as well as demonstrate the system on display at the Airshow.
Clearbox Systems to receive support and guidance to enhance Clearbox System’s access opportunities into the global supply chain and sustainable business growth.
Clearbox Systems has been selected to enter into a relationship with Lockheed Martin Australia to receive assistance to successfully compete for future prime and subcontractor contracts in both local and global supply chains.
The Mentor-Protégé relationship, being overseen by Lockheed Martin Australia’s Office of Australian Industrial Participation, is based on a highly successful US program where Lockheed Martin will act as a Mentor to Clearbox Systems to provide dedicated assistance and market advice to open opportunities for technology transfer, innovation and local skilled jobs.
The Mentor-Protégé program will see Lockheed Martin provide subject matter expertise and mentoring to Clearbox Systems in areas such as Competitive Intelligence, Ethics, Human Resources and Workforce Planning, Cyber Security and Product Management. Upon graduation, Clearbox Systems will have undertaken world-class and contemporary training that will provide them the foundations for taking their company even further on the global stage.
Clearbox Systems is a leading Australian player in the field of secure communications. Clearbox Systems was selected after engaging with Lockheed Martin Australia during industry briefings held to inform small to medium enterprises (SMEs) about partnership opportunities on the development of future joint battle management capabilities for the Australian Defence Force.
Chief Executive of Lockheed Martin Australia and New Zealand, Vince Di Pietro, said the relationship, a first for Australia, is at the heart of Lockheed Martin’s enduring commitment and Australian presence as an industry partner and sovereign capability enabler.
“At Lockheed Martin Australia, we work with like-minded industry partners, such as Clearbox Systems, to provide meaningful guidance and support to raise the technology base in Australia and to help develop these businesses to grow sovereign capability to ensure our Australia defence capability remains at the cutting edge.” he said.
“Our approach is to work with Australian industry, small to large, to discover and evolve the best of breed technology and to build that capability for Australia and global customers. By partnering with them we provide the opportunity to showcase their technology on the world stage and with it the potential to access global supply chains. Strong partners are vital to our mutual success and this program is a global exemplar of the benefits of partner development.”
“Clearbox Systems was an obvious choice for the partnership having displayed entrepreneurial leadership who have been keen to collaborate, and keener still to strengthen their business and value proposition as well as being export-ready.”
Executive Director of Clearbox Systems, Jeremy Hallett said it is a privilege to be selected as the first Australian company to have this unique relationship with Lockheed Martin Australia.
“Receiving mentoring and training from the world’s largest Defence company means we will be better placed to continue to deliver sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force. We also believe this will be an opportunity for us to become more competitive on the world stage positioning us for more export opportunities,” said Mr Hallett.
“The establishment of this program is an exciting development for the wider Australian Defence Industry too. It is great to see Lockheed Martin be proactive in helping mature local Australian businesses.”
Headquartered in Canberra, Lockheed Martin Australia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation. The company employs more than 1,000 people in Australia working on a wide range of major programs spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors.
Clearbox Systems is an Australian-owned SME delivering technology solutions for the operations and management of communications networks and the electromagnetic spectrum.
The Australian Space Industry Conference is reaching for the stars in 2019 as the two day event features speakers and panelists from the space industry, R&D and government. The conference will focus on opportunities for business development among the issues in the space industry and space-enabled industries.
Executive Director, Jeremy Hallett, will appear as a panelist exploring “Where will the growth come from – Australian Small-to-Medium Enterprises”. Jeremy will be joined by fellow industry representatives Shaun Wilson (Shoal Engineering Pty Ltd) and Troy McCann (Moonshoot Space Company) with the panel moderated by Dr. Tim Parsons (Delta-V).
Register now to make sure you don’t miss out on this years Australian Space Industry Conference 2019.
- Recruitment opens for Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Lead June 30, 2020
- Applications open for students to participate in Defence Industry Internship Program June 15, 2020
- Clearbox Systems selected by Defence for global SATCOM Control Segment solution June 11, 2020
- ANU Techlauncher for Semester 1, 2020 May 19, 2020
- Mike Johnson re-elected to the Board of the Australian Industry & Defence Network ACT May 1, 2020
- Ramping up local electronics manufacturing capability April 28, 2020
- Call for collaborators and staff for growing Space Situational Awareness capability April 24, 2020
- Clearbox Systems Update and Message from Managing Director April 3, 2020
- 2020 Australian Military Sales Catalogue March 20, 2020
- New Wideband SDR prototype readies for commercial production March 2, 2020
- Nominations received for multiple awards at the Australian Space Awards February 4, 2020
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Award for Young Achiever of the Year December 12, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Scindicate 2019 August 20, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017