Creating custom, groundbreaking software solutions is an integral part of what we do at Clearbox Systems, and we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Developer who can manipulate their programming knowledge creatively in order to help innovate cutting-edge solutions for our clients.
Clearbox Systems is a pioneering software engineering firm. We design, develop and manufacture original software and hardware solutions to provide a flexible and unique response to our customer’s needs. We work with a broad range of clients completing a variety of different projects in private industry and Defence. If you’re a creative and self-motivated Software Developer with some decent experience under your belt we could be just the right fit for you.
Purpose of the Position
As our workload is expanding we’re looking for a Mid-Senior Software Developer who will be confident in applying their knowledge of programming concepts in order to design and build solutions for complex problems. In order to be successful in the position you will need to be a keen problem solver who is able to see and understand the bigger picture, but also be capable of breaking it down and digging into the details.
What You Will Be Doing
On any given day you would be working in a team towards achieving the client’s desired outcomes, potentially you could be across multiple projects including Defence and commercial communications job. Work typically involves critical and creative thinking and executing a mixture of cutting edge technologies and techniques to produce innovative programming and software solutions. You will need to produce clean code that you can read, test and maintain. As a Senior member of the team you’ll be making important design decisions, sharing knowledge with your colleagues to help the team grow as a whole, and be actively learning in order to expand your own skill-set and programming abilities.
The Successful Candidate Will Need:
♦ 4+ years experience as a Software Developer
♦ An Engineering or Computer Science degree
♦ Thorough understanding of and experience implementing Design patterns
♦ Experience working with large code bases across multiple project modules
♦ Experience working in a collaborative development team environment with developers at a variety of levels
♦ A willingness to learn, be challenged and expand your capabilities and also pass on your knowledge to more junior developers
♦ To be someone who is self-motivated and takes initiative
♦ Due to our clients, Australian Citizenship is a requirement
♦ Experience with Angular JS, JQuery, Typescript, Less CSS
♦ Experience with JSON & Jackson
♦ Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (e.g.Postgres)
♦ Experience with controlling devices via SNMP
♦ Experience working with an Agile development process
♦ Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems
♦ Experience with or understanding of the principles behind Test Driven Development
♦ Existing Defence experience
Does this sound like you? Get in touch! Email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Clearbox Systems will be back exhibiting this year at the 2015 Military Communications and Information Systems Conference (MilCIS), so come and visit us and see what we have to offer.
When: 10 – 12 November, 2015
Where: National Convention Centre, Canberra, Australia
What will we be showcasing?
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of Foresight. Foresight is Clearbox Systems’ web browser-based satellite network resource scheduling and satellite communications service oriented software.
Foresight is capable of providing end-to-end management of satellite networks from the planning stage, through to operations, and historical trending and reports.
Foresight is currently being deployed to provide Centralised Monitoring and Control for JP2008 Phase 5B1.
Kratos Networks (formerly Newpoint Technologies) Compass Live Demonstration (including Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager):
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of Compass, a powerful M&C/NMS software suite. As part of the demonstration Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager will be demonstrated.
Profile Manager is a Compass software component which allows the saving and restoring of equipment settings. Redundancy Manager extends Profile Manager’s functionality to provide automated configuration and cutover of redundant equipment under control of a Compass control system.
Compass is currently being deployed to provide Equipment Monitoring and Control for JP2008 Phases 3F, 4 and 5A.
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of SAT Monics, an enterprise networked carrier monitoring system.
From a central Network Operations Centre, operators can monitor data and spectrum from an unlimited number of remote monitoring sites. Measurement data and spectral traces are stored for viewing of historical information.
Monics is currently being deployed to provide Spectrum Monitoring for JP2008 Phases 3F, 4 and 5A.
For more information, go to www.milcis.com.au
Also on the stand will be prototype hardware and software for the Spectre concept presented at MilCIS2014 (click here for presentation).
Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1. The full story below, can be found on Raytheon Australia’s website here.
Raytheon Australia and the Department of Defence have together signed the contract for Project JP2008 Phase 5B1 to provide the Australian Defence Force (ADF) with increased mobile satellite communications.
This provides the ADF with an in-country partner for its current and future satellite communication challenges.
The signing of the contracts will see Raytheon provide certified satellite transportable land terminals in Frequency Division Multiple Access (FDMA) and Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) modes.
Raytheon Australia’s managing director, Michael Ward, said the company is pleased to be given the opportunity to provide this vital capability to the ADF.
“At a time when communications is so vital to the ADF and when Australia is only one of a small select number of allied nations that is able to use the WGS system, it is particularly important to have a trusted partnership as exists between Defence and Raytheon Australia to contribute to this activity,” he said.
“As the Minister said in his statement, satellite communications are a critical enabler of ADF operations, connecting our troops on the ground with command and control, intelligence, geospatial and logistics information – we are delighted to be helping the ADF achieve mission success providing this capability.”
The Raytheon solution for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 provides a mature military off-the-shelf (MOTS), fielded and technically proven system that meets the wideband global satellite (WGS) communication system certification, transportability, and operational requirements.
To achieve this, Raytheon will draw on its demonstrated expertise as a substantial Australian prime systems integrator to work with its technology partners to integrate specially selected components together in a fully networked satellite communication system.
The company is working with L-3 to provide the terminals and Clearbox Systems to provide an Australian-developed centralised monitoring and control system that will allow the managing and control of the satellite assets.
As part of JP2008 Phase 5B1, Raytheon Australia has been awarded the contracts for both the acquisition and the five-year sustainment period.
The contract signing completes another phase of JP 2008, a multi-phase satellite communications project that is one of the key pieces of the network centric communications capability.
The project is centred around the US WGS system, which is a constellation of 10 satellites, designed to provide secure global military communications in the X and Ka bands.
In his media release announcing second pass approval for JP 2008 Phase 5B1, the Minister for Defence, Kevin Andrews, said the project would provide a significant increase in Defence’s satellite communications capabilities, including the first large terminals capable of adequately supporting deployed headquarters.
“Australia requires assured access to space services for both national and economic security, and this is yet another important step forward in developing Australia’s defence force capabilities,” Mr Andrews said.
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Minister for Defence – New members join unique defence industry program January 20, 2014
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2013 October 21, 2013
- ADF UHF SATCOM Satellite Network Management System November 2, 2012
- Clearbox Systems relocates to new high tech facility October 10, 2012
- UHF Satellite Network System in Australia July 19, 2012
- Clearbox Systems receives letter recognising support of the Australian Defence Organisation March 1, 2012
- Clearbox Systems awarded multiple DAB+ digital radio contracts February 8, 2012
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2011 August 30, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Broadcast ONE and Clearbox Systems form strategic parternship August 22, 2011
- Clearbox Systems delivers SATCOM management software to DSTO July 28, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Monics from SAT Corporation and Foresight from Clearbox Systems June 28, 2011
- CommunicAsia 2011 June 9, 2011
- Clearbox Systems at SMPTE11 May 17, 2011