Clearbox Systems COO Greg Reid, along with his team ‘Clearsox’ have been training to complete this year’s Oxfam Trailwalker in Sydney. The event consists of a 100km walk through bush and trails, beginning at Brooklyn and ending in Mosman, taking the team an estimated 36 hours.
While the team here at the Clearbox Systems office have been busy eating Oxfam Chocolate blocks to raise money, the real fighters of Clearsox, team members Greg Reid, John Dean, Patrick Crowe and Phillip Gruber, have been training for months in order to complete this incredible effort, all in order to raise money for Oxfam Australia. The Oxfam Trailwalker has grown to be one of the world’s ultimate team events with almost 200,000 people taking part and $140 million raised to support Oxfam’s work.
Oxfam are a not-for-profit organisation who aim to end poverty worldwide. To achieve change, Oxfam Australia:
- works with local organisations to build their capacity to influence and effect change that improves the lives of poor people and enables them to voice and claim their rights
- supports women and first nations peoples to claim their rights and hold leadership roles in order to influence and achieve change
- brokers, mobilises, and participates in networks that influence governments, corporations and institutions to become more accountable and bring about sustainable and systemic change locally, and internationally
- brings together organisations that represent poor people, with relevant governments, corporations and institutions, so that they can discuss problems safely and with dignity, and work collaboratively to identify ways of redressing the imbalance of power.
If you would like more information about Clearbox Systems’ team, or to help the fantastic cause by donating, please visit: https://trailwalker.oxfam.org.au/team/home/17655
Remember, every dollar counts towards a better future. We kindly thank you for your support!
26 November 2013
The Minister for Defence, Senator the Hon David Johnston today congratulated the latest group of Australian organisations to have been selected to join the unique Rapid Prototyping, Development and Evaluation Program (RPDE).
The RPDE, which is a Defence and private sector collaborative venture, was established in 2005 to solve difficult and challenging problems affecting the delivery of capability to the warfighter.
I would like to offer my congratulations to the new members for successfully qualifying for RPDE’s world class Program, Senator Johnston said.
Through engagement with industry, Defence can maximise a wide range of expertise and continue to deliver the right capability for our service men and women. Commitment and cooperation within the Program is paramount he said.
New entrants this year include Optus Networks, UGL Engineering Pty Ltd, Queensland University of Technology and the University of Newcastle.
RPDE already includes an impressive list of Australia’s foremost research and development organisations, and has access to the most innovative solutions from leaders in their field.
A full list of the new and current organisations participating in the Program can be found at www.rpde.org.au.
Minister for Defence Media Adviser, Rebecca Horton: (02) 6277 7800
Defence Media Operations: (02) 6127 1999
Clearbox Systems will be back exhibiting this year at the 2013 Military Communications and Information Systems Conference (MilCIS), so come and visit us and see what we have to offer.
When: 12 – 14 November, 2013
Where: National Convention Centre, Canberra, Australia
What’s on the stand?
Foresight Live Demonstration:
Foresight is satellite spectrum management software designed for use by satellite operators and satellite users. Using the Foresight demonstration visitors will be able to:
- Plan carriers and transponder leases in the frequency and time domain;
- View live and historic measurement data of simulated carriers, and
- Explore Reporting and Data Management functionality.
Foresight is currently being deployed as the Network Control System Manager (NCSM) for JP2008 Phase 5A ADF UHF NCS.
Kratos Networks (formerly Newpoint Technologies) Compass Live Demonstration (including Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager):
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of Compass, a powerful M&C/NMS software suite. As part of the demonstration Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager will be demonstrated.
Profile Manager is a Compass software component which allows the saving and restoring of equipment settings. Redundancy Manager extends Profile Manager’s functionality to provide automated configuration and cutover of redundant equipment under control of a Compass control system.
Compass is currently being deployed to provide Equipment Monitoring and Control for JP2008 Phase 3F and JP2008 Phase 5A.
SAT Corporation’s Monics Live Demonstration
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of SAT Monics, an enterprise networked carrier monitoring system.
From a central Network Operations Centre, operators can monitor data and spectrum from an unlimited number of remote monitoring sites. Measurement data and spectral traces are stored for viewing of historical information.
For more information, go to www.milcis.com.au
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Minister for Defence – New members join unique defence industry program January 20, 2014
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2013 October 21, 2013
- ADF UHF SATCOM Satellite Network Management System November 2, 2012
- Clearbox Systems relocates to new high tech facility October 10, 2012
- UHF Satellite Network System in Australia July 19, 2012
- Clearbox Systems receives letter recognising support of the Australian Defence Organisation March 1, 2012
- Clearbox Systems awarded multiple DAB+ digital radio contracts February 8, 2012
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2011 August 30, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Broadcast ONE and Clearbox Systems form strategic parternship August 22, 2011
- Clearbox Systems delivers SATCOM management software to DSTO July 28, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Monics from SAT Corporation and Foresight from Clearbox Systems June 28, 2011
- CommunicAsia 2011 June 9, 2011
- Clearbox Systems at SMPTE11 May 17, 2011