$7 million award includes new planning and operating capability for more efficient use of UHF SATCOM resources.
Clearbox Systems is pleased to announce it has been selected by ViaSat Inc. to supply its Foresight Satellite Network Management software as the Network Control System Manager (NCSM) to run the Australian Defence Force (ADF) Ultra High Frequency (UHF) Satellite Communications (SATCOM) Network Control System (NCS). The NCS is being delivered to support the recently-launched ADF UHF capacity on IS-22 and other existing and future UHF SATCOM payloads, and is delivered under the JP2008 Phase 5A program.
“The capability provided through the NCS will utilise satellites in the Pacific and Indian Ocean regions and support the resources sharing partnership with the United States.” said Stephen Smith MP, Australian Minister for Defence. “The Network Control System will become a critical component for UHF communications capability for ADF personnel operating in the Middle East.”
The core of the NCSM will be Clearbox Systems’ satellite Network Management and Planning software called Foresight. Foresight will provide a single interface for controlling the entire NCS. Foresight allows operators to plan and coordinate the use of satellite resources, manage operator workflows to stand up/down links and display live spectrum monitoring of active links. Foresight’s existing functionality will be enhanced to support interoperability of Legacy Narrowband TDMA Waveforms and the more efficient Integrated Waveform (IW) enabling and increase in channel efficiency and bandwidth.
Clearbox Systems has relocated to a new high tech / high security facility in Macquarie Park – home to a large number of major business parks and conference centres – approximately 15 kilometres from Sydney’s Central Business District.
The facility includes:
- Purpose built laboratory space to support existing and future projects and extensive internal Research and Development programs;
- Open-plan designed office space with room for continuing growth, and
- Access to nearby public transport options including buses and Macquarie Park train station.
The building address is:
Suite 2, Level 2, 67 Epping Road
NSW 2113 Australia
$35 million award includes new Integrated Waveform for more efficient use of satellite capacity.
Carlsbad, Calif. – The Commonwealth of Australia Department of Defence (ADF) has selected ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ:VSAT) to supply the UHF Satellite Communication (Satcom) Mission System for its recently-launched UHF capacity on Intelsat IS-22. The system is designed to provide voice and data military satcom covering a region from the west coast of Africa to the east coast of Australia. The value of the award to ViaSat is approximately $35 million.
The IS-22 satellite launched March 26 with a hosted UHF payload – representing about 30 percent of the satellite’s total capacity – dedicated to ADF communications. The ability to serve small, mobile terminals used by ground, sea, and air forces in all types of terrain make UHF especially suited to military satcom.
“The Network Control System will use satellites in the Pacific and Indian Ocean regions to support the resource sharing partnership with the United States,” said Stephen Smith, Australia Minister for Defence. “The NCS will become a critical component for UHF communications for ADF personnel operating in the Middle East.”
Partnering with Australian industry, ViaSat is responsible for providing a complete UHF Network Control System that includes system architecture, design, development, integration and test, site preparation, equipment procurement and installation, and ongoing support. The system is also designed to include the Integrated Waveform (IW) for channel control and network terminals, enabling an increase in channel efficiency and available bandwidth.
“I think our ability to deliver IW capability is the significant reason we were chosen for this award,” said Jerry Goodwin, VP Business Development at ViaSat. “That technology is something we feel is important to maintaining a leadership position in global UHF satcom systems and services.”
ViaSat UHF systems are installed in the U.S. and internationally, including Italy, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Minister for Defence – New members join unique defence industry program January 20, 2014
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2013 October 21, 2013
- ADF UHF SATCOM Satellite Network Management System November 2, 2012
- Clearbox Systems relocates to new high tech facility October 10, 2012
- UHF Satellite Network System in Australia July 19, 2012
- Clearbox Systems receives letter recognising support of the Australian Defence Organisation March 1, 2012
- Clearbox Systems awarded multiple DAB+ digital radio contracts February 8, 2012
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2011 August 30, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Broadcast ONE and Clearbox Systems form strategic parternship August 22, 2011
- Clearbox Systems delivers SATCOM management software to DSTO July 28, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Monics from SAT Corporation and Foresight from Clearbox Systems June 28, 2011
- CommunicAsia 2011 June 9, 2011
- Clearbox Systems at SMPTE11 May 17, 2011