Clearbox Systems has opened a new high tech / high security facility in Canberra. The facility is strategically located in Fyshwick for quick access to Defence facilities at HMAS HARMAN and Russell Offices which house a number of systems supported by Clearbox Systems.
The capabilities and expertise provided from the Canberra office are:
- Expert knowledge in:
- Equipment Monitoring and Control (M&C)
- Spectrum Monitoring
- Baseband, RF and Antenna systems
- Server and Network Infrastructure
- Installation and site support, including rack builds, equipment changeover, site cabling
- Wideband SATCOM domain knowledge
- UHF (Narrowband) SATCOM domain knowledge
- End-to-end SATCOM infrastructure fault diagnosis and resolution
- ADF SATCOM operations knowledge
- Specfic project knowledge, particularly across multiple phases of JP2008
The building address is:
Unit 14B/5 Tennant Street
ACT 2609, Australia
Creating custom, groundbreaking software solutions is an integral part of what we do at Clearbox Systems, and we’re looking for a talented Senior Software Developer who can manipulate their programming knowledge creatively in order to help innovate cutting-edge solutions for our clients.
Clearbox Systems is a pioneering software engineering firm. We design, develop and manufacture original software and hardware solutions to provide a flexible and unique response to our customer’s needs. We work with a broad range of clients completing a variety of different projects in private industry and Defence. If you’re a creative and self-motivated Software Developer with some decent experience under your belt we could be just the right fit for you.
Purpose of the Position
As our workload is expanding we’re looking for a Mid-Senior Software Developer who will be confident in applying their knowledge of programming concepts in order to design and build solutions for complex problems. In order to be successful in the position you will need to be a keen problem solver who is able to see and understand the bigger picture, but also be capable of breaking it down and digging into the details.
What You Will Be Doing
On any given day you would be working in a team towards achieving the client’s desired outcomes, potentially you could be across multiple projects including Defence and commercial communications job. Work typically involves critical and creative thinking and executing a mixture of cutting edge technologies and techniques to produce innovative programming and software solutions. You will need to produce clean code that you can read, test and maintain. As a Senior member of the team you’ll be making important design decisions, sharing knowledge with your colleagues to help the team grow as a whole, and be actively learning in order to expand your own skill-set and programming abilities.
The Successful Candidate Will Need:
♦ 4+ years experience as a Software Developer
♦ An Engineering or Computer Science degree
♦ Thorough understanding of and experience implementing Design patterns
♦ Experience working with large code bases across multiple project modules
♦ Experience working in a collaborative development team environment with developers at a variety of levels
♦ A willingness to learn, be challenged and expand your capabilities and also pass on your knowledge to more junior developers
♦ To be someone who is self-motivated and takes initiative
♦ Due to our clients, Australian Citizenship is a requirement
♦ Experience with Angular JS, JQuery, Typescript, Less CSS
♦ Experience with JSON & Jackson
♦ Experience with Relational Databases and SQL (e.g.Postgres)
♦ Experience with controlling devices via SNMP
♦ Experience working with an Agile development process
♦ Experience with Distributed Version Control Systems
♦ Experience with or understanding of the principles behind Test Driven Development
♦ Existing Defence experience
Does this sound like you? Get in touch! Email your CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clearbox Systems will be back exhibiting this year at the 2015 Military Communications and Information Systems Conference (MilCIS), so come and visit us and see what we have to offer.
When: 10 – 12 November, 2015
Where: National Convention Centre, Canberra, Australia
What will we be showcasing?
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of Foresight. Foresight is Clearbox Systems’ web browser-based satellite network resource scheduling and satellite communications service oriented software.
Foresight is capable of providing end-to-end management of satellite networks from the planning stage, through to operations, and historical trending and reports.
Foresight is currently being deployed to provide Centralised Monitoring and Control for JP2008 Phase 5B1.
Kratos Networks (formerly Newpoint Technologies) Compass Live Demonstration (including Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager):
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of Compass, a powerful M&C/NMS software suite. As part of the demonstration Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager will be demonstrated.
Profile Manager is a Compass software component which allows the saving and restoring of equipment settings. Redundancy Manager extends Profile Manager’s functionality to provide automated configuration and cutover of redundant equipment under control of a Compass control system.
Compass is currently being deployed to provide Equipment Monitoring and Control for JP2008 Phases 3F, 4 and 5A.
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of SAT Monics, an enterprise networked carrier monitoring system.
From a central Network Operations Centre, operators can monitor data and spectrum from an unlimited number of remote monitoring sites. Measurement data and spectral traces are stored for viewing of historical information.
Monics is currently being deployed to provide Spectrum Monitoring for JP2008 Phases 3F, 4 and 5A.
For more information, go to www.milcis.com.au
Also on the stand will be prototype hardware and software for the Spectre concept presented at MilCIS2014 (click here for presentation).
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014