$35 million award includes new Integrated Waveform for more efficient use of satellite capacity.
Carlsbad, Calif. – The Commonwealth of Australia Department of Defence (ADF) has selected ViaSat Inc. (NASDAQ:VSAT) to supply the UHF Satellite Communication (Satcom) Mission System for its recently-launched UHF capacity on Intelsat IS-22. The system is designed to provide voice and data military satcom covering a region from the west coast of Africa to the east coast of Australia. The value of the award to ViaSat is approximately $35 million.
The IS-22 satellite launched March 26 with a hosted UHF payload – representing about 30 percent of the satellite’s total capacity – dedicated to ADF communications. The ability to serve small, mobile terminals used by ground, sea, and air forces in all types of terrain make UHF especially suited to military satcom.
“The Network Control System will use satellites in the Pacific and Indian Ocean regions to support the resource sharing partnership with the United States,” said Stephen Smith, Australia Minister for Defence. “The NCS will become a critical component for UHF communications for ADF personnel operating in the Middle East.”
Partnering with Australian industry, ViaSat is responsible for providing a complete UHF Network Control System that includes system architecture, design, development, integration and test, site preparation, equipment procurement and installation, and ongoing support. The system is also designed to include the Integrated Waveform (IW) for channel control and network terminals, enabling an increase in channel efficiency and available bandwidth.
“I think our ability to deliver IW capability is the significant reason we were chosen for this award,” said Jerry Goodwin, VP Business Development at ViaSat. “That technology is something we feel is important to maintaining a leadership position in global UHF satcom systems and services.”
ViaSat UHF systems are installed in the U.S. and internationally, including Italy, Germany, and the United Kingdom.
On 22 February 2012, Clearbox Systems was presented with a letter recognising the contribution made by Clearbox Systems in support of the Australian Defence Organisation. The letter refers to a Compass Monitoring and Control System that Clearbox Systems installed in 2011 in support of Defence’s Satellite Communication Research and Development Capability.
Click here to see the letter.
The Letter of Recognised Supply (LoRS) program is designed to help sustain Australian Defence industry capability by acknowledging the successful supply by an Australian Company to the Australian Defence Organisation.
To receive the LoRS a company needs to meet the standards of supply demanded by the Australian Defence Organisation. Products and services need to be supplied on time, on budget and to specification.
For more information on the LoRS Program, click here.
Clearbox Systems is pleased to announce that is has been awarded multiple Network Management System (NMS) contracts as part of Commercial Radio Australia’s continued roll out of DAB+ digital radio transmission infrastructure around Australia.
Clearbox Systems will be configuring and deploying the award winning Kratos Networks Compass management system as well as Mercury element managers for managing a number of remote sites. The remote sites will then be integrated into existing centrally located Compass systems in capital cities around Australia.
The contract awards continue Clearbox Systems history of engineering, delivering and supporting Compass Network Management Systems for Commercial Radio Australia.
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014