Clearbox Systems is pleased to announce the signing of a 3-year Bi-Lateral Collaborative Research and Development (R&D) Agreement (“the Agreement”) with the Defence Science and Technology Group (DST), a part of the Australian Department of Defence.
The Agreement will see a project jointly executed by Clearbox Systems and DST researchers to explore advanced algorithms, concepts and techniques for advanced Satellite Communications (SATCOM) and Electromagnetic Spectrum operations and management. It cover domains not only including SATCOM but Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) and Electronic Warfare (EW).
The Agreement was first announced by the Minister for Defence, the Hon Christopher Pyne MP, at SCINDICATE 2018 who noted, “…Sydney-based SME Clearbox Systems will commercialise the CORTEX military satellite communications monitoring and control system, designed by DST. This was developed to provide enhanced situational awareness of Defence’s satellite networks.”
An operational version of CORTEX was delivered to the ADF in 2016 and significantly enhanced situational awareness and the detection of anomalies across the military satellite communications network.
The agreement was signed by Dr Colin Coleman, acting-Chief Cyber and Electronic Warfare at DST, and Jeremy Hallett, Executive Director of Clearbox Systems.
See video of the Minister’s announcement here: https://goo.gl/kq95nF
Read our latest newsletter to find out about what we are focusing on, some new collaborations and the work we have been doing for our customers.
Clearbox Systems is one of a number of industry partners working with the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) on Jericho Dawn 17/4 which is an ongoing trials campaign led by Plan Jericho to inform Air Force and wider Defence on contemporary and emerging technologies for networked sensor integration and operating concepts for distributed intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and electronic warfare (ISREW).
The focus of the trials is to assess open standards for sensor networking, common across the Five Eyes military partnership.
Led by the Jericho Dawn 17/4 team within Air Force, industry partners are working collaboratively to progress experimentation and capability development using and expanding existing Air Force infrastructure.
Apart from enhancing Air Force capability, the trials also provide Australian Industry to form new partnerships and be better positioned to meet the future needs of all Five Eyes military for Distributed ISREW.
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Minister for Defence – New members join unique defence industry program January 20, 2014
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2013 October 21, 2013
- ADF UHF SATCOM Satellite Network Management System November 2, 2012
- Clearbox Systems relocates to new high tech facility October 10, 2012
- UHF Satellite Network System in Australia July 19, 2012
- Clearbox Systems receives letter recognising support of the Australian Defence Organisation March 1, 2012
- Clearbox Systems awarded multiple DAB+ digital radio contracts February 8, 2012
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2011 August 30, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Broadcast ONE and Clearbox Systems form strategic parternship August 22, 2011
- Clearbox Systems delivers SATCOM management software to DSTO July 28, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Monics from SAT Corporation and Foresight from Clearbox Systems June 28, 2011
- CommunicAsia 2011 June 9, 2011
- Clearbox Systems at SMPTE11 May 17, 2011
- Foresight – Satellite Spectrum Management March 29, 2011
- Case Study – Telstra March 24, 2011
- Global Launch of new Satellite Spectrum Manager at SATELLITE 2011 March 1, 2011
- SATELLITE 2011 February 17, 2011
- n2 Serial Peripheral released May 20, 2010
- n2 GPIO Peripheral released April 28, 2010
- A first look at n2 March 12, 2010
- Clearbox Systems to deliver WGS Ground Segment Management System January 21, 2010