Clearbox Systems is pleased to be involved with The Australian National University (ANU) Techlauncher program again for Semester 1, 2020.
TechLauncher is an initiative which enables students to develop the research and professional skills required to use technology to bring great ideas to life and have a positive impact on our society.
Alongside technical competence, these skills include communication and stakeholder management, critical thinking, design, teamwork (including multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural and distributed teamwork), time management and many other generic skills required by employers in industry and government as well as by the research community
Our student team is being mentored by one of our talented engineers, Aidan Law. The students are creating a hardware and software system that can take an input from a sensor in order to track a moving object (e.g. a satellite).
AIDN's mission is to assist members in maximising their profitability through networking and enhanced business opportunities with Defence and Defence prime contractors, and initiatives which improve management skills and experience.
Clearbox Systems is pleased to be a member of AIDN and continues to benefit from the tireless work and advocacy of the AIDN-ACT board.
Back in 2007 we started out as a hardware company but soon decided that we should decided that we should stick to our software products as it was 'cheaper' to get the hardware elsewhere and because our customers did not care where it came from.
Since then attitudes have shifted. The provenance of supplies is scrutinised, policy makers have realised the importance of local manufacture, and customers see value rather than lower cost as one of their key drivers.
We've been taking note and have slowly been ramping up our hardware manufacturing again. So even though these GNSS boards are simple, it is pleasing to be able to manufacture them in our lab in Sydney. We're able to adapt our design to suit customer requirements (in this case, small form factor RF sensors), manage quality and most importantly maintain a level of self-sufficiency.
- Recruitment opens for Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Lead June 30, 2020
- Applications open for students to participate in Defence Industry Internship Program June 15, 2020
- Clearbox Systems selected by Defence for global SATCOM Control Segment solution June 11, 2020
- ANU Techlauncher for Semester 1, 2020 May 19, 2020
- Mike Johnson re-elected to the Board of the Australian Industry & Defence Network ACT May 1, 2020
- Ramping up local electronics manufacturing capability April 28, 2020
- Call for collaborators and staff for growing Space Situational Awareness capability April 24, 2020
- Clearbox Systems Update and Message from Managing Director April 3, 2020
- 2020 Australian Military Sales Catalogue March 20, 2020
- New Wideband SDR prototype readies for commercial production March 2, 2020
- Nominations received for multiple awards at the Australian Space Awards February 4, 2020
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Award for Young Achiever of the Year December 12, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Scindicate 2019 August 20, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017