Following on from the completion of the n2 is the design of the first device in a range of peripherals designed to complement the n2. The peripheral devices are the same form factor as the n2 CPU module and are designed to be stackable. For example you could stack An Ethernet Switch module, GPIO Module, and Serial module and the main n2 CPU module to form a small cube measuring 80mmx80mmx80mm all DIN Rail mountable.
This first peripheral off the line is a General Purpose IO module (GPIO) featuring 8 x digital inputs, 6 x relay outputs and an on board temperature sensor. The idea of this product is that an n2 may be deployed to a remote site shelter where there are some environmental and general site alarms that need to be monitored. With this low cost add-on you can monitor the shelter temperature to detect an air-conditioner failure, and you have the capability of wiring up door, fire, and genset alarms without the need of a third party IO module. The same module could be used as a low cost base ball switch driver for driving remote polarisation switches on small satellite uplink facilities.
Over the next few weeks we will be working on our next peripheral which will be a low cost 4 port serial board add-on. This will provide a cheap complete solution for sites that need to interconnect with serial based devices for Remote Monitoring & Control. Be sure to also check out Newpoint Technologies who develop the software that runs on our nControl products.
Clearbox Systems is proud to announce its newest hardware product offering. n2 is a great addition to the Remote site Monitoring & Control hardware offerings by Clearbox Systems.
The preliminary specifications for the n2 product are as follows:
- Power: 8-52VDC wide input range @ 25W (max load when all USB ports powered)
- 600MHz ARM CPU with 256MB RAM
- 8 x USB ports allowing for peripherals such as GPIO module, Serial Ports, LAN Switch board, GSM module, GPS, Webcam etc.
- HDMI port for HD video output
- 10/100 Ethernet Port
- Physical size: 80mm x 80mm x 25mm
- Operating System: Ubuntu Linux
Following on from the release of n2 we will be releasing a range of USB powered peripheral devices. The current devices on the road map include:
- 8 DI – 6 Relay Output IO module with temperature sensor
- RS232, 422, and 485 serial modules
- 7 port LAN switch
Further to this we plan to certify drivers for specific third party USB devices such as a range of USB 3G modems, and USB Webcams.
Clearbox Systems is excited to announce a new project win requiring Clearbox Systems to work with one of Australia’s largest Defence contractors, BAE Systems Australia.
The project, being the Ground Segment Management System (GSMS) component of the JP 2008 Phase 3F program, enhances and extends the Australian Defence Force Satellite Communications Capability (ADSCC) through the design and construct of a new satellite ground station and the introduction of a new agile network management system. The new satellite ground station will interface deployed forces accessing the Wideband Global SATCOM (WGS) system with the Defence Wide Area Network, and Australian Defence.
Clearbox Systems will be contracted through Newpoint Technologies Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Integral Systems, Inc. The project is due to be operational by 2013. The win, worth in excess of AUD $1 million, underpins Clearbox Systems’ expertise in ground station management systems and its ability to deliver cutting-edge software systems.
When BAE Systems Australia invited US-based Newpoint Technologies to bid for the complex monitoring and control system, Newpoint Technologies recommended Clearbox Systems, its local Australian partner, for delivery of the project. Wally Martland, President of Newpoint Technologies Inc. stated, “We have a long history with Clearbox and they have more than proven their ability to deliver world-class systems. Their local presence and technical capabilities made this an easy decision for us.”
Clearbox will build on Newpoint Technologies’ Compass platform and the Monics system, provided by SAT Corporation, also a wholly owned subsidiary of Integral Systems, Inc. “Compass provides a mature and flexible platform upon which we can build some very sophisticated systems,” said Paul Solomon, Managing Director of Clearbox Systems. “It provides all the core functionality out of the box and allows us to focus on the key areas of customisation and innovation without needing to re-invent the wheel. One of its key strengths is its extensive open API which allows us to hook into any aspect of the system”.
The GSMS will provide the capability of automated service level management of satellite traffic, easing operator workload and providing failsafe uplink services. Securing this win moves Clearbox Systems one step closer to its goal of being the preeminent Australian Monitoring and Control solutions provider.
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Minister for Defence – New members join unique defence industry program January 20, 2014
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2013 October 21, 2013
- ADF UHF SATCOM Satellite Network Management System November 2, 2012
- Clearbox Systems relocates to new high tech facility October 10, 2012
- UHF Satellite Network System in Australia July 19, 2012
- Clearbox Systems receives letter recognising support of the Australian Defence Organisation March 1, 2012
- Clearbox Systems awarded multiple DAB+ digital radio contracts February 8, 2012
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2011 August 30, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Broadcast ONE and Clearbox Systems form strategic parternship August 22, 2011
- Clearbox Systems delivers SATCOM management software to DSTO July 28, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Monics from SAT Corporation and Foresight from Clearbox Systems June 28, 2011