Multiple agreements will provide upgrades, expansion and ongoing support for 5 years
23 January 2017
Sydney, Australia – TXA and Clearbox Systems have announced the signing of a number of agreements that will see the TXA National Monitoring System (NMS) upgraded, expanded and then supported for the next 5 years.
The TXA NMS has been in use for over a decade by both TXA and TV Network personnel to manage equipment at over 60 television transmission or retransmission sites around Australia. The TXA NMS is built upon the Kratos Networks Compass™ equipment monitoring and control (M&C) product. Compass is a suite of software components that are configured and developed by Clearbox Systems to make up the TXA NMS.
Timothy Neall, General Manager Operations at TXA said, “Our NMS is a critical piece of infrastructure used in operations by our customers and our engineers and technicians to ensure continuity of TV broadcast.” Michael Ryder, General Manager Engineering at TXA added, “Given the criticality of our NMS we wanted to make sure that it remains up to date and well supported into the future. These upgrades and the working relationship between our respective teams will ensure we have the best system possible.”
Jeremy Hallett, Executive Director at Clearbox Systems concluded, “We are proud to be able to continue our relationship with TXA. These agreements are testament to the effort that both TXA and Clearbox Systems have invested in our relationship at all levels. We are looking forward to providing assurance to TXA’s NMS operations well into the future.”
TX Australia (TXA) is a joint venture company owned equally by the three commercial metropolitan television networks, Seven, Nine and Ten. TXA:
- Owns, operates, manages, engineers, maintains and markets transmission and retransmission facilities in the five major mainland metropolitan cities of Australia
- Provides television transmission for broadcasters
- Markets its infrastructure facilities to access seekers
- Offers project management and technical maintenance services
About Clearbox Systems
Clearbox Systems is a leading supplier and integrator of Network Management and Spectrum Management systems for Defence, Government and Commercial sectors.
Clearbox Systems locally designs, develops and manufactures innovative software and hardware solutions to provide a flexible and unique response to their customer’s needs. These cost-effective and user friendly solutions are backed by a team of experienced integration and support engineers.
Multi-year agreement supports key SATCOM management tools for ADF
Clearbox Systems, an Australian Small/Medium-sized Enterprise (SME), has signed a multi-year agreement with Raytheon Australia for the ongoing support of an ADF SATCOM management system. The Ground Segment Management System (GSMS) is an innovative, software-based solution that was designed and developed by Clearbox Systems to provide the monitoring and control function for key WGS anchor stations. It provides Equipment Monitoring and Control, Spectrum Monitoring and Service Scheduling to manage the lifecycle of SATCOM services including scheduling, activation, health monitoring, deactivation and logging.
Having successfully delivered the GSMS in 2015, this agreement will see the GSMS supported for years to come. The agreement includes a technical support help desk backed by ongoing engineering support (including enhancements to the system over its life) and maintenance support.
The services are provided out of Clearbox Systems’ Canberra facility where engineers and technicians responsible for the system delivery have transitioned to its support.
Clearbox Systems will back exhibiting this year at the 2016 Military Communications and Information Systems Conference (MilCIS), so come and visit us and see what we have to offer.
When: 8-10 November 2016
Where: National Convention Centre, Canberra, Australia
What will we be showcasing?
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of Foresight. On display, will be Foresight’s ability to provide scheduling, monitoring and control of 100s transportable terminals deployed anywhere on a network.
Foresight is currently being deployed into JP2008 Phase 5B1
Compass (including Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager)
Clearbox Systems will have a live demonstration of Compass, a powerful equipment monitoring and control suite. As part of the demonstration Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager will be demonstrated.
Profile Manager is a Compass software component which allows the saving and restoring of equipment settings. Redundancy Manager extends Profile Manager’s functionality to provide automated configuration and cutover of redundant equipment under control of a Compass system.
Compass and its add-on products are currently being deployed into JP2008 Phases 3F, 4 and 5A
Monics 10.5 / Monics Enterprise Manager with MN200
New features include:
- Refreshed GUI
- Windows Authentication with fine-grained user access control
- Waterfall display
- Improved logging and instrument status
Also, be sure to ask us about the MN200, a low-cost hardware add-on to Monics that it extends spectrum monitoring through a deployed network, including multiple spot beams.
Clearbox Systems’ latest product, Spectre will be demonstrated. Spectre is a high performance, scalable Analog RF to 10 GigE platform. Spectre enables both Transmit and Receive RF applications from 400MHz to 4GHz at 200MHz bandwidth with streaming to and from 10Gbit/s Ethernet.
Visit the booth to see SigX – a RF signal protection product that can be configured to automatically cancel interference in real time with no human intervention. SigX automatically detects and characterises interfering signals, then creates a cancelling signal to remove the interference and preserve the integrity of the protected link.
Come and talk to us about our Support Services which extend beyond our product base and include Software Development, Hardware Engineering, On-site technicians and SATCOM Engineering.
- Recruitment opens for SATCOM Lead September 25, 2020
- Rethinking Research Translation: Solutions to Drive New Technology September 18, 2020
- Clearbox Systems First International Graduate Of Lockheed Martin Industry Mentor Program September 16, 2020
- Recruitment opens for ISREW Lead September 11, 2020
- Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority funding support September 9, 2020
- Space Domain Awareness collaboration with UNSW Canberra extended September 2, 2020
- ANU Techlauncher, Semester 2 2020 August 25, 2020
- Capability Spotlight: Electronics August 19, 2020
- Federal government funding for Space Domain Awareness August 13, 2020
- Business Spotlight: Broadcast, Media and Telco August 3, 2020
- A sensor network for integrated Space Traffic Management for Australia July 16, 2020
- How is Emerging Tech in the Space Industry driving the Global Data Race? July 10, 2020
- Recruitment opens for Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Lead June 30, 2020
- Applications open for students to participate in Defence Industry Internship Program June 15, 2020
- Clearbox Systems selected by Defence for global SATCOM Control Segment solution June 11, 2020
- ANU Techlauncher for Semester 1, 2020 May 19, 2020
- Mike Johnson re-elected to the Board of the Australian Industry & Defence Network ACT May 1, 2020
- Ramping up local electronics manufacturing capability April 28, 2020
- Call for collaborators and staff for growing Space Situational Awareness capability April 24, 2020
- Clearbox Systems Update and Message from Managing Director April 3, 2020
- 2020 Australian Military Sales Catalogue March 20, 2020
- New Wideband SDR prototype readies for commercial production March 2, 2020
- Nominations received for multiple awards at the Australian Space Awards February 4, 2020
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Award for Young Achiever of the Year December 12, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Scindicate 2019 August 20, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019