Clearbox Systems to receive support and guidance to enhance Clearbox System’s access opportunities into the global supply chain and sustainable business growth.
Clearbox Systems has been selected to enter into a relationship with Lockheed Martin Australia to receive assistance to successfully compete for future prime and subcontractor contracts in both local and global supply chains.
The Mentor-Protégé relationship, being overseen by Lockheed Martin Australia’s Office of Australian Industrial Participation, is based on a highly successful US program where Lockheed Martin will act as a Mentor to Clearbox Systems to provide dedicated assistance and market advice to open opportunities for technology transfer, innovation and local skilled jobs.
The Mentor-Protégé program will see Lockheed Martin provide subject matter expertise and mentoring to Clearbox Systems in areas such as Competitive Intelligence, Ethics, Human Resources and Workforce Planning, Cyber Security and Product Management. Upon graduation, Clearbox Systems will have undertaken world-class and contemporary training that will provide them the foundations for taking their company even further on the global stage.
Clearbox Systems is a leading Australian player in the field of secure communications. Clearbox Systems was selected after engaging with Lockheed Martin Australia during industry briefings held to inform small to medium enterprises (SMEs) about partnership opportunities on the development of future joint battle management capabilities for the Australian Defence Force.
Chief Executive of Lockheed Martin Australia and New Zealand, Vince Di Pietro, said the relationship, a first for Australia, is at the heart of Lockheed Martin’s enduring commitment and Australian presence as an industry partner and sovereign capability enabler.
“At Lockheed Martin Australia, we work with like-minded industry partners, such as Clearbox Systems, to provide meaningful guidance and support to raise the technology base in Australia and to help develop these businesses to grow sovereign capability to ensure our Australia defence capability remains at the cutting edge.” he said.
“Our approach is to work with Australian industry, small to large, to discover and evolve the best of breed technology and to build that capability for Australia and global customers. By partnering with them we provide the opportunity to showcase their technology on the world stage and with it the potential to access global supply chains. Strong partners are vital to our mutual success and this program is a global exemplar of the benefits of partner development.”
“Clearbox Systems was an obvious choice for the partnership having displayed entrepreneurial leadership who have been keen to collaborate, and keener still to strengthen their business and value proposition as well as being export-ready.”
Executive Director of Clearbox Systems, Jeremy Hallett said it is a privilege to be selected as the first Australian company to have this unique relationship with Lockheed Martin Australia.
“Receiving mentoring and training from the world’s largest Defence company means we will be better placed to continue to deliver sovereign capability to the Australian Defence Force. We also believe this will be an opportunity for us to become more competitive on the world stage positioning us for more export opportunities,” said Mr Hallett.
“The establishment of this program is an exciting development for the wider Australian Defence Industry too. It is great to see Lockheed Martin be proactive in helping mature local Australian businesses.”
Headquartered in Canberra, Lockheed Martin Australia is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Lockheed Martin Corporation. The company employs more than 1,000 people in Australia working on a wide range of major programs spanning the aerospace, defence and civil sectors.
Clearbox Systems is an Australian-owned SME delivering technology solutions for the operations and management of communications networks and the electromagnetic spectrum.
The Australian Space Industry Conference is reaching for the stars in 2019 as the two day event features speakers and panelists from the space industry, R&D and government. The conference will focus on opportunities for business development among the issues in the space industry and space-enabled industries.
Executive Director, Jeremy Hallett, will appear as a panelist exploring “Where will the growth come from – Australian Small-to-Medium Enterprises”. Jeremy will be joined by fellow industry representatives Shaun Wilson (Shoal Engineering Pty Ltd) and Troy McCann (Moonshoot Space Company) with the panel moderated by Dr. Tim Parsons (Delta-V).
Register now to make sure you don’t miss out on this years Australian Space Industry Conference 2019.
Clearbox Systems will be exhibiting at the 2019 Avalon Airshow from 26 February to 3 March 2019 at Avalon Airport, Geelong.
Clearbox Systems will have a space with the Royal Australian Air Force’s (RAAF) Plan Jericho team and industry partners in the “Jericho Dawn Runway”. The showcase will include developments from Jericho Dawn 17/4 networked sensor integration trails.
Jericho Dawn 17/4 is a trials campaign to explore open standards for sensor networking, common across the Five Eyes military partnership, and expanding technical interoperability across suites of sensors for distributed intelligence, surveillance, reconnaissance and electronic warfare (ISREW).
Also on show will be developments based on Australian industry participation in the experimentation and capability development activities, including Clearbox Systems’ contribution.
Clearbox Systems will be represented by Managing Director, Greg Reid; Executive Director, Jeremy Hallett and Technology Development Manager, Tim Spitzer.
Please stop by the “Jericho Dawn Runway” to hear or more get in touch to arrange a time in advance.
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Minister for Defence – New members join unique defence industry program January 20, 2014
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2013 October 21, 2013
- ADF UHF SATCOM Satellite Network Management System November 2, 2012
- Clearbox Systems relocates to new high tech facility October 10, 2012
- UHF Satellite Network System in Australia July 19, 2012
- Clearbox Systems receives letter recognising support of the Australian Defence Organisation March 1, 2012
- Clearbox Systems awarded multiple DAB+ digital radio contracts February 8, 2012
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2011 August 30, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Broadcast ONE and Clearbox Systems form strategic parternship August 22, 2011
- Clearbox Systems delivers SATCOM management software to DSTO July 28, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Monics from SAT Corporation and Foresight from Clearbox Systems June 28, 2011
- CommunicAsia 2011 June 9, 2011
- Clearbox Systems at SMPTE11 May 17, 2011
- Foresight – Satellite Spectrum Management March 29, 2011
- Case Study – Telstra March 24, 2011