Our Space Situational Awareness/Space Domain Awareness business is growing quickly with a number of programs under way with our academic partner (UNSW Canberra) and the Australian Department of Defence.
To keep up the momentum we are looking for additional partners to collaborate with on the development and delivery of our solutions including:
- Commercial Ground Segment Providers
- Other sensor types (e.g. Electro-optic, Passive Radar, Space-based)
- Data fusion
- Mission System Software
In addition, we are preparing to recruit for anticipated future projects and are keen to speak with people interested in the following roles:
- SSA/SDA Lead
- SSA/SDA Researchers
- RF/DSP/Electronics Engineers
Get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com to express your interest.
Message from Greg Reid, Managing Director
Following the sudden and sharp impact of COVID-19 upon the Australian economy and across the entire business spectrum, I would like to state clearly the intention of Clearbox Systems to continue operating as efficiently and safely as we can to ensure the ongoing resilience and reliability of our clients’ critical communications and broadcast infrastructure across Australia.
People are the key asset and driver of our business, ensuring their safety is paramount. We can then consistently maintain the level of delivery, service and support required for our customers. We have followed ongoing government advice in supporting our staff to work from home where possible in both New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory, until such restrictions ease.
With dedicated communication channels, regular team calls and our customer centric support service, our team remains highly functional, effective and focussed in helping our customers maintain their own business operations and goals throughout this challenging period. It is our time to help them as best we can.
We consider Defence, and particularly Defence communications, essential services. Similarly we consider Broadcast, and particularly free to air terrestrial broadcast, also as essential services. It is these critical networks that form the backbone of a coordinated national resilience effort and response to the COVID-19 pandemic. We have adjusted and will continue to adapt as required, to ensure continuity and reliability of our services, in support of the broader sovereign industry capability in these trying times.
Business Continuity at Clearbox Systems
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Clearbox Systems are following all directives issued under Federal and State legislature and guidance, as and when it is updated.
Whilst we do not presently have any staff with a confirmed case of COVID-19, we are prioritising the following precautions:
- Any and all staff who have returned from an overseas trip within the past two (2) weeks are presently self-isolating
- All staff will be working from home for the immediate future, save for essential access requirements to the Clearbox offices.
- Physical onsite support at all client facilities is by critical requirement only.
- With respect to support and hardware, our telephone support is still available and calls will be routed to the most appropriate Clearbox person in line with our existing customer agreements.
- A limited supply of hardware is in our possession and can be retrieved and/or used for repairs as required to support customer needs.
All maintenance, support, projects and new business requirements are being successfully met with a minimum of disruption.
We see all commercial activities continuing as normal for the foreseeable future.
Supporting Essential Services at Clearbox Systems
Clearbox Systems is sometimes referred to as “the special sauce” that keeps critical communications infrastructure monitored, controlled and operational across Defence, Defence communications and broadcast services. This is primarily due to the unique ability of our monitoring and control software to integrate across hardware circuits, regardless of brand, make or model of the integrated equipment.
With status signals amalgamated and resolved to a simple graphical user interface, operators and onsite support personnel can quickly and easily see alerts, alarms, automated route switching and other unique parameters designed for their needs and ease of operation.
It is through this agnostic integration and amalgamated GUI that Clearbox Systems provides an efficient and highly effective portal for operators to view the equipment status and operational functionality of their critical infrastructure communications network.
With exacting demands presently placed upon all sovereign communications networks throughout this pandemic crisis, Clearbox Systems are squarely positioned to ensure ongoing support for terrestrial broadcast, Defence and Defence communication operation and resilience.
SME Industry Support
At times like these, it is paramount that Australia’s sovereign Defence industry rallies to ensure its fundamental input to capability does not diminish through hardship, inaction or loss of focus.
Clearbox Systems invites all Defence industry organisations to contact us in relation to any significant impacts you may be experiencing. We will work together collaboratively, with as many commercial partners as possible, to ensure the Australian spirit shines through in every sovereign endeavour, to support national resilience.
Contact can be made via the following channels:
Phone: 02 9114 6164
Australian Minister for Defence Industry, the Hon Melissa Price has release the fourth edition of the Australian Military Sales Catalogue.
Clearbox Systems is pleased to have its Foresight product list – a tool already used by Australian Defence for equipment and sensor monitoring and control, spectrum monitoring and management, and network management.
- Recruitment opens for Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Lead June 30, 2020
- Applications open for students to participate in Defence Industry Internship Program June 15, 2020
- Clearbox Systems selected by Defence for global SATCOM Control Segment solution June 11, 2020
- ANU Techlauncher for Semester 1, 2020 May 19, 2020
- Mike Johnson re-elected to the Board of the Australian Industry & Defence Network ACT May 1, 2020
- Ramping up local electronics manufacturing capability April 28, 2020
- Call for collaborators and staff for growing Space Situational Awareness capability April 24, 2020
- Clearbox Systems Update and Message from Managing Director April 3, 2020
- 2020 Australian Military Sales Catalogue March 20, 2020
- New Wideband SDR prototype readies for commercial production March 2, 2020
- Nominations received for multiple awards at the Australian Space Awards February 4, 2020
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Award for Young Achiever of the Year December 12, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Scindicate 2019 August 20, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017