Clearbox Systems is pleased to have completed prototyping with the Royal Australian Air Force for a new, small form factor, Software Defined Radio.
With dimensions of 90mm x 104mm x 152mm and weighing in at 1.2kg the unit packs an impressive set of features, including:
- RF: TX/RX from 70MHz-6GHz, 12-bit depth, 0.2MHz – 56MHz IBW (in the variant show, there is also a HF variant)
- PNT: GNSS Module
- Comms: 4G LTE Modem for private LTE BLOS (in this variant), Ethernet of USB
- CPU: available for use by customer
- Power: rechargeable batter system providing up to 4.5 hours estimated run time
- Antenna: interchangeable depending on platform/mission
The initial deployment will be running some Clearbox Systems software that enables interoperability of the unit with ADF and coalition software suites. In this configuration, the unit will provide a non-sensitive, low-cost, fully expendable ISREW sensor solution.
It can be deployed in theatre in great numbers to rapidly sense and shape the electromagnetic spectrum in advance of additional forces being committed.
Trials will also see the unit deployed on UAVs, High-altitude balloons and other air mobility assets.
We’re proud to be working with the Royal Australian Air Force to remake ISREW for a 5th generation battlespace. Any sensor, any platform, any effector.
Clearbox Systems is pleased to have been nominated as a finalist in three categories at the Australian Space Awards.
We are a finalist for ‘Business of the Year – SME’ and ‘Defence Business of the Year’, and our Executive Director, Jeremy Hallett, is a finalist for ‘Executive of the Year’.
Backed by the Australian Space Agency and the Space Industry Association of Australia, the Australian Space Awards recognise individuals and organisation that are at the forefront of Australia’s rapidly developing Space economy.
Clearbox Systems has been selected by the Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF) to develop a lightweight ISREW sensor including the necessary hardware and the software development to integrate into relevant Defence systems.
The project is a follow on from the RAAF’s ISREW sensor trials and will see Clearbox Systems deliver an initial quantity of sensors for testing in a number of environments.
The sensors are part of an exciting development of Defence’s ISREW capability that is exploring non-traditional approaches to ISREW by deploying payloads (sensors, effectors, comms) separate from platforms.
- Recruitment opens for Space Domain Awareness (SDA) Lead June 30, 2020
- Applications open for students to participate in Defence Industry Internship Program June 15, 2020
- Clearbox Systems selected by Defence for global SATCOM Control Segment solution June 11, 2020
- ANU Techlauncher for Semester 1, 2020 May 19, 2020
- Mike Johnson re-elected to the Board of the Australian Industry & Defence Network ACT May 1, 2020
- Ramping up local electronics manufacturing capability April 28, 2020
- Call for collaborators and staff for growing Space Situational Awareness capability April 24, 2020
- Clearbox Systems Update and Message from Managing Director April 3, 2020
- 2020 Australian Military Sales Catalogue March 20, 2020
- New Wideband SDR prototype readies for commercial production March 2, 2020
- Nominations received for multiple awards at the Australian Space Awards February 4, 2020
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Award for Young Achiever of the Year December 12, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Scindicate 2019 August 20, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017