25 November 2019
UNSW Canberra and Canberra based SME Clearbox Systems have been successful in securing Commonwealth funding to undertake a collaborative research project.
The successful research project will see experts from UNSW Canberra Space work alongside Clearbox Systems focusing on Space Situational Awareness (SSA), which is centred around mitigating the risks associated with the hazard of orbital collisions in the congested near-Earth orbits.
The key activities undertaken as part of the grant will be determining the most appropriate spacecraft signals to enhance SSA, and devising methods to extract information, including spacecraft trajectory information from those signals.
It is expected that there will be at least a 20-fold increase in the number of active Low Earth Orbit satellites in the next 5 years, and a similar increase in the total mass in low earth orbit. This project will enhance tracking and knowledge of the behaviour of these satellites.
UNSW Canberra Space Director Russell Boyce said that this collaboration will make progress in a priority area for the Australian space research community, and is bringing together academia and industry to deliver real world solutions addressing user needs and opportunities.
“Australia makes an important contribution to global space collision avoidance. This research will raise the bar and enhance that contribution even further,” he said.
Jeremy Hallett, Executive Director of Clearbox Systems, said the company is excited to be working with UNSW Canberra Space, and can see this as knocking on the door of major opportunities in the world of SSA.
“We have deep expertise in Satellite Communications and believe we can adapt this for SSA applications. However, we believe our best chance of success will come through collaboration which is at the core of our business. By engaging closely and often with institutions like UNSW Canberra, it will enable us to sharpen our focus and accelerate new product development,” he said.
The funding was awarded as part of the Innovation Connections grant program. Innovation Connections assists businesses to understand their research needs, connect with the research sector and fund collaborative research projects.
UNSW Canberra Space is a world-class team with facilities to enable end-to-end space mission capability. From its base at UNSW Canberra, the team play a leading role in shaping and developing the Australian space industry to meet global challenges.
24 November 2019
Clearbox Systems is pleased to welcome two new interns at our Canberra facility. Harman and Ben were successful applicants to the Defence Industry Internship Program (DIIP).
Announced by Minister for Defence Industry, Melissa Price, the program links engineering students with defence industry by facilitating 12 week internships with defence industry small business.
14 November 2019
Clearbox Systems has enjoyed another successful Military Communications and Information Systems (MilCIS) Conference and Exhibition held in Canberra.
A focus of our participation was our sovereign solutions for:
- SATCOM Network Control Technology
- Distributed ISREW Sensors
- Crypto Key Generation and Distribution
We also highlighted our recently announced partnership with Kythera Space Solutions which is seeing us incorporate dynamic satellite payload resource management capability into our offering.
Another highlight was the session presented by our Executive Director, Jeremy Hallett, who provided an update on the ADF SATCOM Control Segment: Taking the Opportunity of Emerging SATCOM Technology.
As Prime Contractor of the ADF’s SATCOM Control Segment, Clearbox Systems continues to deliver and sustain a complex system of systems that enables planning, operations, equipment monitoring and control, spectrum monitoring and business management for the ADF SATCOM enterprise. The scope of the system covers both Military SATCOM and Commercial SATCOM including the space segment, deployed terminals, anchor stations, waveforms (modems) and security.
Common topics of conversation included:
- How to better conduct Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations (EMSO)
- Monitoring and Managing Spectrum for Space-based Application
- Sensing and shaping Spectrum for Electronic Warfare (EW)
- Clearbox Systems Update and Message from Managing Director April 3, 2020
- 2020 Australian Military Sales Catalogue March 20, 2020
- New Wideband SDR prototype readies for commercial production March 2, 2020
- Nominations received for multiple awards at the Australian Space Awards February 4, 2020
- RAAF selects Clearbox Systems for lightweight ISREW sensor development December 18, 2019
- Award for Young Achiever of the Year December 12, 2019
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles to commence in 2020 December 11, 2019
- Clearbox Systems strengthens research expertise and welcomes Dr. Noor Islam December 8, 2019
- Mike Johnson elected to board of Australian Defence Information and Electronic Systems Association (ADIESA) November 26, 2019
- UNSW Canberra collaborates with Clearbox Systems November 25, 2019
- Defence Industry Internship Program supports interns November 24, 2019
- MilCIS 2019 a success for Clearbox Systems November 14, 2019
- Clearbox Systems exhibiting at MilCIS2019 November 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems to present at Defence Innovation Hub Industry Conference October 31, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Global MilSatCom 2019 in London October 30, 2019
- Australia and Clearbox Systems on the international stage at IAC2019 October 27, 2019
- Clearbox Systems introduces Business Development Manager role October 1, 2019
- Clearbox Systems receives ISO9001:2015 and ISO27001:2013 certification for Quality and Information Security Management Systems September 15, 2019
- Clearbox Systems Pty Ltd and Kythera Space Solutions Announce Strategic Partnership September 9, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at DSEI 2019 September 2, 2019
- Australian Defence awards Clearbox Systems crypto innovation project August 19, 2019
- DAB+ turns 10 in Australia August 12, 2019
- SATCOM Control Software put through its paces at Talisman Sabre 2019 July 29, 2019
- Team Defence Australia and Clearbox Systems at Navy League’s Sea Air Space Expo April 24, 2019
- US Military customer selects Clearbox Systems for Baseband Network Control Element April 3, 2019
- Clearbox Systems enjoys hugely successful Avalon Airshow 2019 March 5, 2019
- Clearbox Systems selected for Lockheed Martin Mentor-Protégé Partnership February 28, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Australian Space Industry Conference 2019 February 18, 2019
- Clearbox Systems at Avalon Airshow 2019 February 6, 2019
- Clearbox Systems participating in the Defence Industry Internship Program January 25, 2019
- Clearbox Systems and DST Group sign Collaborative R&D Agreement January 21, 2019
- November 2018 Newsletter November 22, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to participate in Royal Australian Air Force Distributed ISREW trials November 9, 2018
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2018 November 7, 2018
- Press Release: Clearbox Systems and Datapath, Inc Announce Strategic Partnership November 1, 2018
- Clearbox Systems partners with the Australian National University on TechLauncher 2018 April 13, 2018
- Commercial Radio Australia extends DAB+ NMS support with Clearbox Systems. March 3, 2018
- Clearbox Systems to deploy Foresight software for Inmarsat Satellite Services February 5, 2018
- Clearbox Systems supports Digital Radio transmission in Canberra, Darwin and Hobart December 21, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected by Intelsat General Corporation for ADF SATCOM support December 18, 2017
- Clearbox Systems hiring for multiple roles November 28, 2017
- Clearbox Systems selected for WGS Ground Station support November 24, 2017
- Clearbox Systems to exhibit at MilCIS 2017 November 13, 2017
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016