Clearbox Systems has undertaken installation of a Satellite Monitoring and Control System (M&C) for Telstra. The system was installed at Telstra’s satellite services facility in Bendigo.
The NMS provides visibility of Satellite Ground Station (SGS) equipment on a remote Pacific island.
- Interface with legacy equipment;
- Achieving Newpoint Compass stability over low bandwidth, dial-up modems and high latency, satellite links;
- Site specific automation of tedious login procedures reducing a 10 minute manual procedure to a 1 minute automatic connect;
- Specialist software development;
- Custom graphical and representation of devices and functionality.
The installation included use of Newpoint Compass, of which Clearbox Systems is an authorised reseller.