On Tuesday 4 April, Raytheon Australia signed a support contract with Clearbox Systems for the ongoing support of their Foresight CMC (Centralised Monitoring and Control) software product.
Raytheon Australia and Clearbox Systems have been partnering on JP2008 5B1 to provide the Australian Defence Force (ADF) with increased mobile satellite communications, providing ADF personnel with access to wideband global satellite communications in the field and linking them to other units and to headquarters when necessary.
The Raytheon team are now incorporating Foresight CMC into the supplies being delivered to the Commonwealth, and once installed, the Foresight CMC will provide ADF Satellite Operations (SATOPS) personnel at the Defence Network Operations Centre (DNOC) the ability to remotely monitor and control the satellite transportable land terminals deployed in Australia and abroad.
While the acquisition part of the program is coming to a close, Raytheon Australia hold the support contract and will continue to work with Clearbox Systems and the Commonwealth on sustaining the equipment for the ADF until 2021.
Australian SME marks 10 year anniversary on February 17, 2017
Clearbox Systems opened its doors in Sydney on February 17, 2007. Founder, Paul Solomon, launched the business with the aim to bring to life a number of technologies to help make communications systems easier to use, more efficient and more reliable.
A culture was quickly set that embraces integrity, seeks the best solutions for customers and has a drive for technical excellence.
Today, Clearbox Systems has expanded to two locations, one in Sydney and one in Canberra. It has locally designed, developed and manufactured systems that are deployed into critical communications systems across Defence, Government and Commercial sectors covering technology such as Satellite Communications, Air Traffic Control, TV Transmission and Digital Radio.
Its future is secured with a number of large projects in progress and a number of long term support contracts underway.
Looking back – 10 years of products and projects
The following is a timeline of key product and project milestones over the last 10 years.
|February 2007||Clearbox Systems Founded|
|March 2008||nControl launched, providing a low cost, low SWAP solution for remote monitoring and control|
|June 2008||Delivered systems for Digital Radio for both Commercial Radio Australia and the ABC|
|March 2009||Profile Manager and Redundancy Manager launched providing equipment parameter management and equipment redundancy management|
|September 2009||First Defence project, delivering a WGS SATCOM Ground Segment Management System|
|March 2010||n2 launched provided a leap in function and power from the nControl|
|April 2010||Delivered system for TV Transmission for TX Australia|
|March 2011||Foresight launched, providing a toolbox of Centralised M&C, Tactical M&C and Satellite Spectrum Management|
|May 2011||Delivered Satellite Radio Interchange system for the ABC|
|February 2012||First export of Profile Manager product|
|October 2012||Relocation to Sydney secure facility which still serves as corporate headquarters|
|March 2013||Delivered UHF Spectrum Monitoring system to Defence|
|April 2014||Delivered WGS SATCOM Ground Segment Management System to Defence|
|May 2015||Delivered WGS SATCOM Terminal Management system to Defence|
|November 2015||Establishment of permanent, secure location in Canberra|
|March 2016||Spectre Launched, providing a high performance, scalable Analog RF to 10 GigE platform.|
|December 2016||Signed multiple long term support contracts with multiple customers|
Change in leadership
At the 10 year anniversary of Clearbox Systems, Founder and Managing Director, Paul Solomon, has decided to step down. Current COO, Greg Reid, will become Managing Director effective, immediately.
Paul will remain Chairman of the board and will continue day-to-day as Technical Director where he will guide the company’s Product Development and R&D activities as well a provide mentoring to engineering and technical staff.
Greg steps up as Managing Director after joining Clearbox Systems as COO in 2012. Greg spent 20 years in the Royal Australian Navy in operational and project roles, and 10 years in the Broadcast industry before joining Clearbox Systems.
As Managing Director, Greg will continue to champion the Project Management, Engineering and Quality functions within the company and will have a more visible presence as an influence and advocate of Clearbox Systems within the marketplace.
Current Executive Director, Jeremy Hallett, will remain in his role driving Strategy and Business Development, Support Services and managing the operations of the Canberra facility.
Move positions both companies for success in emerging DAB+ expansion opportunities
25 January 2017
Sydney, Australia and La Chapelle-des-Fougeretz, France – Digidia and Clearbox Systems have announced they have entered an agreement for Clearbox Systems to represent Digidia’s DAB and Synchronous FM product lines in Australia.
The move will see engineers and technicians from Clearbox Systems trained in the Digidia product suite to allow for Clearbox Systems to provide system design and integration, sales engineering and after-sales support for the Digidia range.
Pascal Olivier, President at Digidia commented on the agreement saying, “We know our product-line can successfully compete on the world stage. Our agreement with Clearbox Systems means that in Australia our products are backed by the right local technical expertise and support, increasing our competitiveness further.”
Greg Reid, Chief Operating Officer at Clearbox Systems went on to say, “Along with our contribution to Australia’s existing DAB+ systems, this agreement positions us well to contribute to the emerging DAB+ expansion and regional rollout in Australia. With the Digidia product line being software-based it allows us to leverage our existing software expertise to deliver the best solution to our customers.”
For sales enquiries contact Clearbox Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 9114 6164.
Digidia has emerged as one of the leading companies for digital radio transmission equipment with more than 300 installations around the world covering Synchronous FM, DAB/DAB+/DMB and DRM30/DRM+. The installations cover a broad and complete product line including multiplexers, content servers, modulators, IP gateways, monitoring equipment, professional receivers, encoders, decoders and tunnel break-in products.
Digidia leads the way with its straight forward design for innovative, compact and flexible products. All products are IP based and contain the latest COFDM and Software Defined Radio technology on state of the art PC and GPP/FPGA/DSP platforms.
About Clearbox Systems
Clearbox Systems is a leading supplier and integrator of Communications Equipment, Network Management and Spectrum Management systems for Defence, Government and Commercial sectors.
Clearbox Systems locally designs, develops and manufactures innovative software and hardware solutions to provide a flexible and unique response to their customer’s needs. These cost-effective and user friendly solutions are backed by a team of experienced integration and support engineers.
- Clearbox Systems Signs Support Contract with Raytheon Australia May 9, 2017
- Clearbox Systems celebrates 10 years since founding March 16, 2017
- Clearbox Systems enters agreement to represent Digidia products in Australia January 27, 2017
- Clearbox Systems continues to support TXA National Monitoring System January 23, 2017
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for ADF SATCOM support January 5, 2017
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2016 November 2, 2016
- New Product: Spectre March 11, 2016
- Clearbox Systems Opens Canberra Facility November 26, 2015
- We’re looking for an experienced Software Developer November 9, 2015
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2015 November 2, 2015
- Clearbox Systems signs with Raytheon Australia for JP 2008 Phase 5B1 May 14, 2015
- Clearsox: Clearbox Systems in the 2014 Sydney Oxfam Trailwalker June 4, 2014
- PRESS RELEASE: Minister for Defence – New members join unique defence industry program January 20, 2014
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2013 October 21, 2013
- ADF UHF SATCOM Satellite Network Management System November 2, 2012
- Clearbox Systems relocates to new high tech facility October 10, 2012
- UHF Satellite Network System in Australia July 19, 2012
- Clearbox Systems receives letter recognising support of the Australian Defence Organisation March 1, 2012
- Clearbox Systems awarded multiple DAB+ digital radio contracts February 8, 2012
- Clearbox Systems at MilCIS 2011 August 30, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Broadcast ONE and Clearbox Systems form strategic parternship August 22, 2011
- Clearbox Systems delivers SATCOM management software to DSTO July 28, 2011
- PRESS RELEASE: Monics from SAT Corporation and Foresight from Clearbox Systems June 28, 2011
- CommunicAsia 2011 June 9, 2011
- Clearbox Systems at SMPTE11 May 17, 2011
- Foresight – Satellite Spectrum Management March 29, 2011
- Case Study – Telstra March 24, 2011
- Global Launch of new Satellite Spectrum Manager at SATELLITE 2011 March 1, 2011
- SATELLITE 2011 February 17, 2011
- n2 Serial Peripheral released May 20, 2010
- n2 GPIO Peripheral released April 28, 2010
- A first look at n2 March 12, 2010
- Clearbox Systems to deliver WGS Ground Segment Management System January 21, 2010